5LD03 Assignment Example
5LD03 Facilitate personalised and performance-focused learning
Asanom.com Inc. is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, where individuals and retailers can
buy and sell products and such as electricals, clothing, video games, books, apparel, furniture, f ood,
toys and jewellery. They have a complex infrastructure with their own product portfolio, fast expanding
in the digital marketplace. Their logistics and distribution functions support their business model, with
same and next day delivery available on a majority of products.
With a complex range of stakeholders, the L&D function is required to proactively support talent
development. The organisation is global, however there is a strong focus on local knowledge of the
territories in which they operate. Therefore, country specific L&D teams work to provide personalised
and accessible learning for their staff.
The CEO has tasked the L&D function to generate a leadership development programme to be
applied across the organisation. As part of this you need to prepare a report on Facilitating
Personalised and Performance Focused Learning and then deliver or facilitate an inclusive learning
and development activity that sits within the leadership development programme.
Preparation for the Tasks:
▪ Refer to the indicative content in the unit to guide and support your evidence.
▪ Pay attention to how your evidence is presented, remember you are working in the People
Practice Team for this task.
▪ Ensure that the evidence generated for this assessment remains your own work.
You will also benefit from:
▪ Reflecting on your own experiences of learning opportunities and training and continuing
Reading the CIPD Insight, Fact Sheets and related online material on these topics.
▪ You should relate academic concepts, theories, and professional practice to the assessment
task(s), in a critical and informed way, and with reference to key texts, articles and other
Don’t forget to:
▪ Complete the front cover sheet and place it at the front of your assessment.
▪ Use the bullet points below each task as headings and sub-headings so your marker can see
where your answer begins.
Task One – Report
The CEO has asked you to write a report that focuses on the preparation of learning and development
activities, inclusive facilitation methods and understanding strategies which support the transfer of
learning to the workplace. They will use this report to guide their approach to L&D moving forward.
The report should be professionally written and cover the areas below:
▪ Evaluate internal and external factors to consider as part of preparation for learning and
development activities. (AC 1.1)
▪ Discuss the concept of facilitation, and facilitation techniques that can be applied to support
learning. (AC 2.1)
▪ Demonstrate your knowledge of techniques for monitoring the effectiveness of learning
activities, including making adjustments to meet the needs of individual learners within a group
context. (AC 2.2)
▪ Explore the ethical factors involved in facilitation of learning. (AC 2.3)
▪ Explain the concept of ‘transfer of learning’ and its significance in workplace learning. (AC 3.1)
▪ Critically assess strategies for supporting the transfer of learning from learning and
development activities to the workplace. (AC 3.2)
▪ Evaluate the role of line managers in supporting transfer of learning for their team members,
and how learning and development can support them in this. (AC 3.3)
It is essential that you refer to, and bring in, academic concepts, theories and current professional
practice for the areas above. Please ensure that any references and sources drawn upon are
acknowledged correctly and supported by a reference list.
Task Two – Delivery of L&D Activity
Following on from your report, you have been asked to prepare resources and deliver an inclusive
learning and development activity that forms part of the leadership development programme.
You should prepare your personalised, accessible learning resource(s) to enhance learning. Think
about accessibility considerations and your choice and use of resources. Think about how you are
going to deliver your session and what is the best approach, tools and resources to use (AC 1.2)
You should then deliver an inclusive learning and development activity, using your prepared
resources, that meet objectives. (AC 2.4)
▪ It must be an activity based around Leadership Development
▪ You need a minimum of two other people in your session to participate in your activity
▪ It must last approximately 30 minutes with a buffer of +/- 10% (between 27 and 33 minutes)
▪ You must deliver and record your session
▪ You need to provide us with a link to your recorded session
▪ You should identify what the learning objectives are and ensure your session meets them
▪ Your activity must be inclusive, considering unique learner needs and challenges.
You need to upload a word document (with front cover sheet attached) with a link to your
recorded session plus any activity/resources into the Assessment Centre as evidence of
preparation and delivery.